Last modified: May 1, 2023
Fire Aside, Inc.("Company" or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the websites www.fireaside.co, www.defensiblespacereport.org, www.fireaside.com, and www.chipperday.com (our"Website") or use or access our software (“Services”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website and through the Services.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website orServices.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates, customers, clients and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates, customers, clients and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or through the Website.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website and Services are not intended for children under 16 years of age.No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to on or to the Website or Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website, Services or through any of its features, and do not use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or Services or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a childunder 16, please contact us at email@example.com.California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your StatePrivacy Rights for more information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Website or Services, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, address, email address, telephone number, IP address, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline] ("personal information");
- That is about you but individually does not identify you;
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website or Services, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website or Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you interacted with theWebsite or Services, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners, customers, clients and government agencies and departments.
- Information from Apple when you download any mobile application for theServices and use the Services with you Apple ID.
- Information regarding your use of our social media pages, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIN (“Social Media Pages”).
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website and Services may include:
- Information that you provide through the Website or Services, including registering to use the Website or Services, subscribing to our Website orServices, or requesting further information regarding the same.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website or Services.
- Photographs, chipping data and defensible space data.
- Information from your access and use of our social media pages, includingFacebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter,"posted") on public areas of the Website or Services, or transmitted to other users of the Website or Services or third parties (collectively,"User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website or Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website and Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits and use our Website and Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, IP addresses, internet connection, operating system, browser type and settings, dates and time of any requests, your interaction with the Website and Services, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Device information used to access or use the Website or Services, including name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage Information concerning you use the Website or Services, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency and duration of your activities.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services(behavioral tracking).The information we collect automatically may include personal information and is used to help us to improve our Website and Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website and Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website or Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website, Services and email communications to you may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website or Services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your information.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website, Services and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account and any outstanding unresolved issues with your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website, Services or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To provide the Services, including defensible space and chipping functionality and data, related tools and reporting capabilities, and to customize and personalize your experience with the Services.
- To analyze your interaction with the Website and Services.
- To maintain and improve the content and functionality of the Website andServices.
- To respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback or questions;
- To send administrative information to you, such as information regarding theServices and changes to any terms and conditions governing your use of theServices.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use your personal information to contact you to tell you about products or services we believe may be of interest to you. For instance, if you elect to provide your email or telephone number, we may use that information to send you special offers. You may opt out of receiving emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you or by opting out of or cancelling your subscription to the Services. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future marketing communications, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you unsubscribe from our marketing lists, you will no longer receive marketing communications, but we will continue to contact you regarding management of your account, other administrative matters, and to respond to your requests.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, vendors and service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, including providers of hosting services, cloud services and other information technology services providers, event management services, email communication software and email newsletter services, advertising and marketing services, payment processors, order fulfillment services, customer relationship management and customer support services, and web analytics services and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Website or Services users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To our customers and clients who license the Services from us for your access and use.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the followingcontrol over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. You can also always opt-out by sending us an email with your request to email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by by sending us an email stating your request firstname.lastname@example.org.If we have sent you a promotional email or text, you may follow the instructions contained therein to stop receiving such promotional materials.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collector that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by emailing us email@example.com.For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept all browser cookies.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network AdvertisingInitiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Your State Privacy Rights
State consumer privacy laws may provide their residents with additional rights regarding our use of their personal information. To learn more about California residents' privacy rights, visit www.oag.ca.gov.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website or Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website or Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or Services.